Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday Stitches: A Series (Part 9 of X)

(Part 8 of the series is here.)

I've been working on this piece for almost 3 months now, and I'm really starting to get an I'm-never-going-to-finish-this feeling. I still have a lot of work to do on it - finish the background behind the lettering, a scalloped border around the whole thing, then a checkered border around that, and, and, and...the list goes on forever! As my mom said, it's turning into an exercise in perseverance. It doesn't help that I mainly only work on it on the weekends, and now that the weather is getting pretty again, I'm not as content to sit on the couch and stitch all weekend.

Here's what I've done over the last few weeks:





1 comment:

Alice said...

thanks so much for your comment on my blog... i appreciate you delurking :-)

oy, i have 2 cross stich projects i started in something like 8th grade. i never had the drive to finish either one. i still have them, and all the embroidery floss, tucked away in a bag in my closet..