They are still submitted to a rigorous safety check.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
They are still submitted to a rigorous safety check.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
The officials briefly stopped the game, and Phil Ford was there to present Tyler with the game ball.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Here are the details of my Monday...
~A couple of weeks ago, the marketing director recruited me to be in a new video testimonial that is being made for the re-vamp of our company website. The video shoot was today.
- I was told, "We'll give you a list of questions beforehand so you can think about your answers." Apparently that was code for, "We'll give you a list of vague topics and then you're just supposed to start talking. On camera. With strangers in the room."
- Also, we were told there was going to be a professional makeup artist there to get us camera-ready. She put hot pink lipstick on me. Hot pink lipstick isn't exactly my style. I actually made a passing comment to her about please don't use bright red lipstick. Between getting the makeup applied and filming the video I never got to look in a mirror, so I wasn't aware I was wearing hot pink lipstick. I walked all the way back to my cube wearing hot pink lipstick. I am going to be on the Internet wearing hot pink lipstick. And no, this is not an adult video, if you know what I mean.
~I went to use the restroom about 2 hours after I got home from work tonight and realized my pants were unzipped. I think the last time I went to the restroom was at work around 3 pm. I attended 2 meetings between 3 -5 pm. With unzipped pants, apparently.
~I was asked to bring a dessert for a Lunch and Learn meeting tomorrow.
- There were just enough eggs in the fridge to use for dinner and for the 2 desserts I was making. The yolk busted in one egg when I was trying to separate the whites, so BD had to go to the grocery store for eggs at 9pm.
- One of the desserts I am bringing is a loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I've made this recipe at least 6 or 7 times. I always bake it for an hour at 350, and it turns out really well. Tonight I cooked it for an hour at 350, and it was gummy and undercooked. I, of course, did not discover this until it was completely cooled, and BD was slicing it for me. BD had to go back to the grocery store for more pumpkin at 10 pm.
- I put the second-attempt loaf in the oven at 10:30. I am usually in bed by 11pm.
Thank goodness there is only 1 hour left in this day. Tomorrow better be a vast improvement over today, or I'm not getting out of bed on Wednesday.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
All you need is Snyders "Snaps" pretzels, Hershey's Hugs, and M&Ms. I used a mixture of dark and milk chocolate M&Ms, and my sister has used Reece's Pieces which would also be really good. You basically can't go wrong - any combination would be tasty.
Put the preztels in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place one Hug on each pretzel. I got about 10 rows with 7 pretzels on the row, which pretty much used up the whole bag of Hugs. Well, I would have some left over, but somehow they kept ending up in my mouth.
Put them in a 175 degree oven until the Hugs start getting soft (about 5-7 minutes). Place 1-2 M&M's on top of each softened Hug. Then pop the tray in the fridge until they are set (about 15 mins).
Here is the finished product - all bagged up and ready to go. I got the little gift bags at Target, and I made the tags. I put 20-25 candies in each bag. It took me about 1 hr for two trays of candies - including bagging and tagging.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Kip tried to help decorate
but he got tired of hearing "Kip leave that alone!" so he supervised from under the table.
My Disney Christmas decorations:
Friday, December 5, 2008
This is how I spent most of the game...notice all the empty seats...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
It's been so cold we might need to turn up the heat in our house...
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Now...back to work!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Stay tuned for more updates...
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
I finished this one a while ago, and I'm hesitant to frame it because I'm considering reworking it. I also could not get a decent picture of it - in case you can't read it, it has our names and wedding date and says "From this day forward, May your hearts be as one." This project was my first time using over-dyed threads. I like the effects of the over-dyed thread - it kind of blends from darker to lighter in the same skein, but I don't like the overall color scheme I used here. I ordered the thread online, and I was trying to order a blue color, but instead it's really more of a teal. The teal and orange lettering give it kind of a 1970's feel...which is not exactly what I was going for!
The second one I just finished recently. It is back to my favorite theme - dogs!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
There are some bare patches in the yard where the grass wasn't growing well, so we decided to tackle those first. BD tilled up and degrassed the areas, and I spread grass seed.
Then we covered the seed with a fresh layer of top soil for nutrients and a layer of wheat straw to keep the birds from eating the seed. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have some new, healthy grass in those spots.
Here is a shot of the flower bed we built back in May - everything is doing really well. The rose bushes have grown about a foot and are always covered in blooms. I am guessing they will probably start to drop their leaves as soon as we have the first frost.
I got out my fall garden flag. You can also see a few of the pansies we planted last weekend. And I just realized I need to trim back those boxwood bushes!
I used some of the leftover wheat straw to stage the decorations on the front porch. I would like to have a scarecrow to stand up in the corner to the right of the door, but I can't find one I like. (And it's too much work to make one!)
Those are artificial pumpkins that BD and I painted a couple of years ago. The little signs say "EEK a spider" and "BOO to you".
This one is a skeleton with a (foam) bat on top.