Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday Stitches: A Series (part 1 of X)

I've decided to remember/re-learn a hobby I had as child that my mother taught me...counted cross stitch. Of course, I haven't cross stitched anything in at least ten years, and even then it was very basic, simple pieces on Aida cloth. This time, apparently, I decided to dive in head first and go for the most complicated pattern I could find. This is a piece titled "Everyone Needs Their Own Spot" from the book Cross Stitch for All Seasons by Mary Engelbreit. I am stitching on 32-count linen. I plan to post pictures each Sunday of my weekly progress. Which judging by the slow progress I made this weekend, we might be in for a l-o-o-o-o-n-g series of posts. And, don't worry...the posts are really just motivation for myself, so don't feel obligated to feign any interest.


Week One:



1 comment:

Holly said...

It looks great. I'm very impressed that you went for the linen. You'll be glad. Aida is very 80's.