Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"A Chair Fell on My Head"

Last night I was upstairs in a bubble bath and chatting with one of my girlfriends on the phone (Author's note: tough life, I know). BD was downstairs puttering around; I wasn't sure exactly what he was up to down there. At one point I hear him exclaim "*&%%$# and *@^$&" which translated from BD-speak could mean anything from "The house is on fire" to "I dropped my pen", so I continue my conversation in the tub. A while later I come downstairs to find this:


BD propped up on the couch with an ice pack on his head. Sadly enough, this doesn't spark a tremendous amount of alarm on my part because it is, after all, BD we're talking about here. So I go sit down next to him and say "Are you bleeding?" And he says "No. But a chair fell on my head, and I have a knot." Ummmm...this is a new one...even for him. I run through the list of "Did you blackout? Are you seeing double?, etc" before I ever get to "So...how exactly did a chair fall.on.your.head.?" And I get some answer about how he was in the garage and he needed a chair to stand on (Author's note: he probably has 3 ladders out there, so I can totally see how a CHAIR would be necessary.) and when he was carrying it back up the stairs into the house, he set it down on the threshold of the door and leaned down to pick up something and the chair fell (Author's note: shocker!) and hit him on the head.

This morning he does have a pretty good knot on his head but otherwise seems no worse for the wear.

The lesson you should take away from this post: if a chair is falling, don't try to stop it with your head.

No comments: