Someone forwarded this list to me today. I've seen it before, but it always makes me smile. But, to be fair (and to prevent a mild "I'm-getting-so-old" panic attack), some of these happened in the 90's!
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' and can do 'the Carlton'.
3. You know that "WOAH!" comes from Joey on 'Blossom'.
4. You ever watched 'Fraggle Rock'.
5. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
9. You played the game MASH (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of "Wax On, Wax Off.".
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say "not!" after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
22. After you saw 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure' you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?".
23. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up".
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
27. You remember watching both 'Gremlins' movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot. (author's note: Doogie's STILL hot, even if he did just come out of the closet!)
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'.
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell'...the ORIGINAL class.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - 'Shot Through the Heart' - and you just sang those words to yourself.
34. You still sing 'We are the World'.
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a bannana clip.
37. You remember "Where's the Beef?".
38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?" (author's note: I say this at least once a day!)
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head right now!